Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Bundy Reunion

Last weekend for the Fourth of July, we went to the good ol Bundy. This reunion has been going on every summer for 54 years! It started with my great great grandparents. It is an awesome tradition they have started on Mt. Trumble, along the Arizona Strip. I have so many memories when I was little going to the Bundy, playing with my cousins in the dirt, riding the mary go round, eating s'mores, watching the races, and especially getting cleaned up for the big dance Saturday night! I hadn't been for two years, so it was fun to make it out this year. We had a really good time.


We arrived just in time for the races! Every age group starting from 12 months to 90 years old gets to participate in the races. It is a lot of fun to watch. Especially when they bring back all the 1st place winners to determine who's the fastest Bundy!




Mom raced this year!
...Dad too!
Every reunion we always look forward to getting a new shirt. ha one of my favorites from a year before said "Where the pavement ends, the Bundy begins" its so true. It's definitely not the most luxurious up there but it promises a good time.

This years: "Nothing runs like a Bundy"
"We make DIRT look good"
Uncle J and Dad
Don't they look a lot alike?
They announced over a 1,000 made it to the Bundy this year! Crazy.
baby goat?



First time to the reunion married :)
The Skeet Shoot







Who has shetland ponies anymore? I always wanted one of these! However, after Brittney and I touched it we were a little grossed out. sad to say it was a little dirty and kinda stunk. ha
The Auction! We were really looking forward to this. All of the money they make at the auction goes to the reunion, so everyone spends a little extra to donate for the cause if that makes sense. For example, a bowl of homemade ice cream can get up to 60 bucks. ha It makes things a lot more exciting.

My mom and Brittney had been working hard to sew this baby quilt. They did an awesome job, it turned out so cute! It sold at the final bid of $170.00!!


Maybe a little too much excitement? ha


The BIG Dance. This is my favorite part or the whole reunion! I love dancing with my dad. He is a dancin fool. Honest he is really good. Everyone got their turn with him. :)











On Sunday morning, they always hold a Testimony meeting. It is tradition for all the 19 year old boys who have their mission calls to report, a family member to report while they are on their missions, and for the returned missionaries ♥ in the past year to bear their testimony. It is an added to tradition for all newly wed couples to report also. Well since Brittney has returned from her mission and gotten married in the past year she had a big job to do! She did an amazing job.



Micah was also initiated as a new member of the family :) He also bore a really solid testimony. They both did an awesome job.

Cousins!
Grandma Langford and Dad
I love this picture.

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, seeing these pictures makes me sooo sad I wasn't there. Looks like it was a really fun year and I am so glad to see pics. Ps I love Micah's dance shirt, I bet he fit right in! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSS is that my American Eagle hoodie from my Junior Sadies???? :)ha You like the hidden pocket didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. Is your moms maiden name Bundy? My "Heap" reunion sounds so much like yours. In the mountains of AZ. We are going the end of July. Glad you had fun. The shirts are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlo! ha ya it is your hoodie from Sadies! I thought that's what it was from :) I didn't bring any jackets back home with me, so I took a peak in your closet and thats what I found ha. Its funny that you recognized it. That hidden pocket did come pretty handy- you know I loved it. We missed you guys this past weekend. I can't wait to see you sunday! Literally counting down.

    Hey Kathy! You're close, it's actually my grandma's maiden name and then she married a Langford. It really is an awesome tradition, that's cool you have one too! I remember you telling me about it at your house. End of July.. that will be fun! Take lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey- i got your text! geesh- looks like you are having a ton of fun this summer.. i love to see that you have some "country girl" in you. we just got back from the beach - we about died coming home to this heat- its unreal!
    lets hang out soon. hope all is well... ok. bachlorette final... my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brandy, Cool pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time, as usual!

    -Amberly

    ReplyDelete